When it comes to buying tires, Costco is a great option provided you already have a Costco membership. Costco membership is required to buy tires at Costco and have them installed on your vehicle. If you do not have a Costco membership your friend or family member who has Costco membership can buy the tires for you using their membership (your friend or family member will need to be with your during the installation process). Alternatively, you can sign up for a Costco membership which costs $60 annually.
How to buy Costco Tires ?
It is not as simple as one may think to buy Costco tires. In most cases you cannot simply walk into a Costco and have your tires installed because their stores do not carry a large inventory of tires. There are two ways to buy tires at Costco:
- Order your tires online (Costco.com) and have them shipped to your local Costco store (shipping is free). Delivery usually takes 5-10 business days. Once your tires are delivered you can make an appointment to have your Tires installed on your vehicle.
- Visit your local Costco store and have the tech place an order for you in the store. Your tires will take 5-10 business days to arrive and you will have to make a full payment for the tires at the time of the order. Once your tires arrive at the store you can have them installed on your vehicle.
Costco Tires Prices
Costco tires price will be impacted by two factors, the brand and the size of the tire. The size of the tire is set based on your vehicle year make and model. If you want to find Costco tires price for your vehicle the best way to do it is call your local Costco auto center. If you have a Costco membership you can also view Costco prices online . You will need to sign into Costco.com and enter your vehicle year make and model to see all the pricing options for your vehicle.
Costco Tires Installation Fees
Costco Tire Installation Fee $18.99 per tire. Installation package includes mounting, balance, nitrogen tire inflation, lifetime rotation, lifetime flat repair, lifetime inflation checks, new rubber valve stem, and Costco wholesale’s road hazard warranty.
Tire Disposal Fee $1 per tire.
State Tire Fee ($ different for every state). For some US states there is a fee imposed by the State on the retail purchase of new tires. The fee can be different for each state but is usually $1 per tire.
Costco Tires Coupons and Discounts
Costco often has tire discounts when you purchase 4 tires at the same time. Currently they have a deal where you save $110 instantly on any set of four Michelin tires with installation. You get $70 of 4 tires and $40 off installation. They also have a promotion where you can save $70 on any set of four BF Goodrich tires. Both of these deals expire on 3/1/20.
Costco Tires FAQ
What brand of tires does Costco carry?
BFGoodrich , Bridgestone, and Michelin .
Does Costco fix flat tires?
Only if you purchased and installed your tires at Costco. The repair is free.
How much are tires at Costco?
Tire prices will be different depending on where you live and the year/make/model of your vehicle. Best way to find the prices is to call your local Costco tire center or check online (click here) if you already have Costco membership. Costco online account is re
quired to view prices and is easy to create if you have an active Costco membership.
Is there an advantage to buying tires at Costco?
Yes there are few reasons to purchase your tires at Costco.
- Price – According to our research Costco has the best prices on tires.
- If you install your tires at Costco tire center you will receive free road hazard warranty.
- Costco inflates their tires with Nitrogen which means that your tire pressure will not change as much as they normally do when they go from cold to hot or from weather impact. This ensures that your tires are always at correct psi and extends the life of your tires.
- Free lifetime rotation, lifetime flat repair, and lifetime inflation checks.